Friday, October 17, 2008

lazy morning.........

I am ready for my afternoon class........so I have some time to kill. I am in the Higher Ground Cafe using their internet and it is becoming a bad habit because they have wonderful coffees. They also have good cakes, cookies and brownies. The cakes have real flavor and are moist. Ok, I have only had one slice.....banana with cream cheese frosting but I am sure I will have another before my 6 weeks are completed.

I was going to walk to the cross today but I needed to change my class time. It is ok because it is raining today. I want to make the hike up the hill when the weather is good for photos.

This photo is of Harriette and Valaria when they were here a few weeks ago to interview the students. I was excited that all of the students from our area arrived in time for their interview.

This is Gaspar and his son. His son, Tomas, had received a scholarship to study to be a teacher. He now has completed his studies and there is a possibility that his brother may receive a scholarship. Gaspar wanted to talk to Harriette and Valaria to express his gratitude.
My neighbor, again last night, asked me if I could consider using herbals in our clinics. I thanked him and then went in my room to study. Maybe Kemmel will let me start growing "medicine" behind the clinic .

Maxine met me at the steps this morning. She wanted to know more about how long I was here for and what type of nurse I am. I asked her how long she has been here and her response was, "Way, way to long........I have absolutely lost my mind here in Guatemala!" hmmmmmmmmm, it is a scary thought :):):)

No comments: