Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another day of class....

I wish I could share some of my moment by moment experiences but much of it would be lost in the translation.........you would just have to be here to understand.

I dropped my laundry off to be washed before class and then went to the school. Class went well today and we talked about James 1:8-9. After class, I went to have lunch with my teacher's family. We had soup and a warm rice milk....very, very good on a cold, rainy day.

After lunch I went to find a house of a man that will take care of Visas when people are here for extended periods. It was very, very interesting and I left knowing more than I probably need to. When the lady opened the door, she did it with hesitation which made me a little suspicious. She was very nice and really enjoyed talking. She shared with me how the government and immigrations here work...........many things are corrupt and done under the table.

I wish I could introduce you to the people that are living in the hotel with me. One lady is the twin of Maxine, the cartoon lady............another man is staying in a room next to me and has lived in the room for 2 years and 6 months. He is a herbalist and wants me to start using herbs in our clinics.......I will start working on that tomorrow :) Another lady has bought some land near Lake Atitlan and it is obvious she has money.

Ok, time to study and prepare for class tomorrow. I will have class in the afternoon so maybe I can get some interesting photos.

No comments: