Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Clinic in Patzite and "Sidewalk Consult"

Today, we had a good clinic in Patzite.

We stopped first to unload the dental equipment in a house below the church and then proceeded to where we could see the medical patients.

We had a good group of twelve patients.  There were a few diabetics and one man won the highest glucose award of 350.  I find it interesting because he was at the clinic last month with his wife but he did not tell me that he was diabetic.  Today, he brought his wife back and both of their labs were out of control.........very sad.

When we finished seeing all of the patents, we loaded the truck and then headed down the hill to help dental load up. As we were getting ready to leave a lady approached us and said she wanted to see a dentist.  Aura stepped right up and talked to her...........it was a "sidewalk consult."  I thought of how many people would have just told the lady to come back or brushed her off but Aura was very caring. The lady had just heard we were at this house so she came running to see the dentist.

Aura looked at her and she needed an antibiotic before she could be seen. I went to the truck and we wrote her out what she needed and has an appointment in a week.

This is one of the many reasons that I love working with the people that I do and I appreciate them very much.

No comments: