Monday, August 28, 2017

Clinic and Politics

This morning, we started out our clinic with our morning devotional time.  We had three interns with us, Enrique, Tomas, Andrea, Aura, Maria, Martina, Mauri and Ana.

We had a few patients waiting when we arrived today but not the usual number.  Guatemala is going through a situation with their current president, Jimmy Morales.  I had not heard a lot about him since he took office but now there are allegations over a missing $800,000 and who knows what to believe.  Some roads are closed due to protesting and tomorrow, more roads will be closed.

Andrea started our morning with a reading from II Corinthians 2:15. (NIV)

For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

Our daily walk with God should be different from those that do not have a relationship with Him.  It is sad but there are some people who do not think very much about their relationship with God, for whatever the reason is.  Each day, we need to be closer to Him so we can be the sweet aroma that He finds pleasing.

After clinic, I parked the truck and talked to Kemmel and Lisa a few minutes.  As I started walking in the street, I looked up and there was Tomasita and Jaime.  It has been a long time since I have talked to them but I finally got their attention.

I can not whistle very good.........it is a Guatemalan trait that I have not picked up yet.  But they finally heard me and turned around.  We finished walking to the house and it was good to see them.

Tomorrow, we will head to Chutzurob.  I hope to get us headed out of town before the roads close.............

1 comment:

Mom said...

They are such sweet people!!!!!!