Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Conference Continues!

This morning, I went up to the conference to see what was happening.  The field was loaded with buses, vans and cars.  It was great to see so many people.

I heard Voces Acapella sing and they sang some of my favorite songs. I talked with several of our promoters and their families.  There are groups from the capital and coast that are here too.

The last time the conference was here, it was in 2006.  I had only lived in Guatemala for about 2 months before the conference.  At that time, I lived in Santa Cruz and it was held about half a mile from my house.  I did not know many people yet and somehow, I ended up helping cook.  I really enjoyed it and it was amazing how they prepare food to feed thousands of people. I had never used a boat oar to stir coffee with :)

This morning, many people asked to be baptized. This is the group before they left.  Someone told me that they were probably going to the pool in Sepela. It is a pool not too far from Chichi and just last week, they added a water slide.

We had a little rain in the afternoon but not much.  Maybe it will hold off until next week.

1 comment:

Mom said...

How exciting!!!!!! I would LOVE to be there, just to hear 10 thou. people singing!!! Enjoy!!!!