Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day in Winston

Mom and I drove to Hickory and we met Sally. We enjoyed lunch/ breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I highly recommend the blackberry pancakes. Sally had the traditional breakfast and mom had peach pancakes.

Sally and I made our way to Winston, where I used to live. We did a few errands and then met Jim and Mary at Tripps......as you can tell, restaurants are great places for meeting :)

Mary and Jim have always been very supportive of the work in Guatemala and I feel their hearts will always remain there. At one time, they lived in Guatemala in Xela. Jim worked as a pediatrician and Mary is a nurse.

After dinner we went to Bible Study and I saw some good friends. It was a special evening........just too short.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a joy to see your picture of precious Jim and Mary-my mentors in the faith!! They look great and I'm so thankful you had time with them while you are in N.C. Many blesings!! donna sizemore