Friday, July 11, 2008

Choacaman IV and a root canal all in one day!

I met the guys in the park this morning and we headed to Choacaman IV. It rained all day and was very cold. We had 12 medical patients so it was a small clinic. We did see one little boy that may have to have surgery. We will see.

After clinic I drove the guys to Chichi and then I went to unload the truck before I went for my root canal. I arrived at the office a little early and there were 3 people ahead of me so I had about a 2 hour wait. Once I entered the office, it took about 45 minutes. I had a lot of pain today and really dreaded him touching it......but as soon as he tried to make it hurt, it would not. The dentist, Sylvia, also could not create the pain. I think it is a little confusing for him too but we will see what happens. I have another appointment with him next Friday.

I want to introduce you to Sandy. She was with the group last week and she is from Alabama. This was her third year down and she really enjoys her time here. After her first visit, she returned to The States and started taking Spanish classes to she could translate for the physicians. Each time she returns, she brings more people with her. This year she returned with her family and her sister's family. I am looking forward to seeing them again next July!

OK, tomorrow should be an exciting day. Tomas, one of our health care promoters, has a son in the ABC Program. I am going to take him and his family to Lake Atitlan so they can meet the daughter of Everaldo's sponser. Katie and her friend Matt are here in Guatemala and Teresa sponsers Everaldo. I hope I simplified that a little :)

Goodnight :)

No comments: