Thursday, July 10, 2008

Clinica in Lemoa

Today we had a good clinic in Lemoa with 24 medical patients and 9 dental patients.

As usual, we began our day with prayer. We thanked God for our week with the group from The States and the clinics we had together. Maury asked for prayers for her personal life and strength. Aura asked us to remember her family as they are continuing to struggle with the death of her grandmother. She said that her dad and aunts are especially having a hard time. Gaspar asked us to remember a family that had a house fire and lost many possessions. They are new Christians so they thankful that they now have God in their life but it is very difficult to lose so many things while having four children to care for.

We then went and prayed with our patients. As I have mentioned before, this is my favorite part of the day. To hear the humble prayers being offered......asking for the relief of pain and struggles while acknowledging God as the creator and Jesus our savior.

I am not talented to paint faces as others can.............so I just slap a sticker on and call that good enough :):)

After clinic today Juan asked me to go and visit a lady from Paxot II that delivered a baby this morning. The mother is doing well but the baby needs surgery. The parents were to have a consult with a physician this afternoon and let me know what they are going to do. It appears to be spina bifida and I do not think that they can do that surgery in this area. Please keep this family in your prayers and I will keep you updated.

Ok, I am headed to the dental chair tomorrow at 4pm after our clinic in Choacaman IV. I am looking forward to having this root canal and tooth taken care of.

No comments: