Friday, July 18, 2008

Pap Clinic in Lemoa

We had our first Pap Clinic in Lemoa today. Josefina and I were expecting more than actually came......we only had 7 patients. We will do a little more advertising next month and hopefully we will have more patients.

We had one lady that needs an abdominal hernia, umbilical hernia and also needs a hysterectomy. She told us that she did not have the money to have the surgery. She and her husband helped us start new clinics last year and are very influential in their community. I told her that I would find a way to pay for her surgery if she got the lab work done. When I came home last night, I had an email from Michael, a MET student from a few weeks ago wanting to help someone that needed surgery. I know that this is God working through Michael. Gracias a Dios!

We also had another patient that had some other problems so we sent her to see a GYN physician here. We are praying that her exam goes well with Dr. Heidi.

My internet has not been working so I have been behind.

I had a root canal and that went great. I did not have any pain or discomfort at all in my teeth. Unfortunately, I still have some pain in my tongue so I am not sure what is going on......we will see. I am just glad that Gabapentin is something I can buy here.

Tomorrow we have clinic in Mactzul V.

No comments: