Monday, July 14, 2008

Pap Clinic in Montellano

Gaspar and I headed to Montellano about 0630. We had planned on 0600 but he could not find a truck to bring him to Chichi so I went to pick him up near his house. Our drive was uneventful.

When we arrived to the clinic, we were met by Pedro. He stands guard at the entrance gate and is always happy to do whatever is needed. He is very active in the local Church and he performed the first baptism I saw in Guatemala, in the river behind the clinic. I will never forget that experience.

When we arrived there was a line of women in line waiting to be seen for their pap smears. I worked with Rosario for the first few and then we opened up the third room. We saw 53 patients and finished about 4pm.

This photo is the front of the clinic. Even though the clinic is in the coastal area and very hot at times, I really enjoy being here. It brings back many pleasant memories of how I first learned about Health Talents in June 2005. After just two visits......well, things really changed for me.

This is Carlos in his office. He supervises the activities in the coastal area and in The City.

This is the area that patients are screened in when they first arrive to the clinic.
This is the apartment complex that was finished in January of 2006. I was lucky to be the first person to stay in the apartments for 5 weeks. I worked in two surgical clinics and for the 3 weeks between, I helped clean and went on mobil clinics with Dr. Walter.
Please check the next blog for more photos.

No comments: