Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday in Santa Cruz

After a group leaves there are different types of emotions. It is not unusual to be tired from the work and schedule but it is also sad because you have made some new friends.....and you also look forward to them returning. Needless to say, the internet allows people to stay touch and that is nice.

I wanted to share some more photos from last week. These two children enjoyed being painted in Paxot II by Makayla.

This photo was taken as Connie was asking the ladies what they were cooking in Paxot II. They had begun cooking the rice for our lunch and as you can tell from the size of the pots, there was a large group to feed.
This is another photo of the classroom in Lemoa. The children were able to color, make molds of their hands and also watch a DVD on Christian Character.
OK, high points and low points of the week........the highlight was when Kemmel called and told me that Bob and John were able to connect the dryer in the clinic!! I am so excited. For my first 8 months, I washed my laundry by hand in the pila and then Kemmel was able to put a washer and dryer in the clinic. Now the dryer works and I told Kemmel that I am now spoiled :) Thank you, John and Bill!

OK, the low point was when Sylvia told me I needed an xray of one of my teeth......but where?? Marcos has a friend that works two nights in Chichi so I went to his office for the xray. Now I need a root canal :( I hope to be able to have it done this Friday or Saturday evening.

No comments: