Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day in Panajachel with Tomas' Family

Wow......what a day it was! I do not know who was more excited and who enjoyed the day more. When I opened my garage door this morning, Tomas, his wife and seven children were all waiting for me......grinning from ear to ear! We live about 1.5 hours from Lake Atitlan and Panajachel but this would be the first time that the children and Juana, Tomas' wife would see the lake.

The drive was uneventful for most of us. As we were driving through Chichi I heard a child in the back seat coughing. I did not say anything until I heard it again. I asked Tomas if one of the children were sick and he said that one of the boys gets car sick. I looked back and he had brought a small bag and was using it appropriately. I felt so bad for him but he just smiled.....

We parked the car and met Katie and Matt near the lake. Katie's mom, Teresa is the sponsor for Everaldo, one of Tomas' sons. This is the first photo near the lake. Everaldo is the child on the left end, in front.

It was a cloudy day and we did not see the tops of the volcanoes very much but it was still a pretty day.
Katie and Everaldo.........
Teresa sent many gifts through Katie for the family. One gift was this scooter.
Everaldo trys it out...............


Now it is mom's turn! Juana was sitting at the table and then I said, "Come on, mom!" She jerked off her jacket and hopped on the scooter!! As you can tell, we were the only ones in the restaurant and it was great!
More photos in the next blog..........................please continue on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Sheri... this was one of the best days of my life.. thank you for making it sooo special!

Sheri said...

Katie, you are more than welcomed! They also enjoyed the day. You are welcomed to return anytime :)