Saturday, February 25, 2012

Trip to Antigua........

Today, I went to Antigua to get my passport taken care of. Every 90 days it needs to get stamped. It takes a little planning on when and how to get it done and also try to coordinate it with other travels.

I jumped on a van to go to Antigua. The little girl in the seat ahead of me was obviously wanting to talk to me. Her parents did not discourage her so we chatted for awhile and then they hopped off the van. Then the ayudante of the van came and sat next to me and started talking. He remembered me from when Gaspar and I visited a patient in Buen Samaritano Hospital a few weeks ago. He was there because the patient is his aunt.

I finally made it to Antigua. I spoke with Mary and I was going to meet her on a corner.......and then I heard someone call my name........it was Neva. Glenn and Neva had seen me as I passed their favorite coffee spot. Mary joined us and then we went for lunch and to catch up.

These are photos that Glenn and Neva sent me from the surgical clinic that was a couple of weeks ago.

This is Hefer recovering after his surgery.

Hefer reading a book.

Hector, after his bilateral lip repair.

Marjorie is always a big hit in the recovery area. She encourages all of the patients to walk around the recovery area to exercise their lungs.

The line grows as they make their way around the unit.

Even the nursing staff enjoys the activity.

The patients are given beads as they complete the exercise.

The patients are blessed by the surgical and nursing care that they receive during the week.

In a few weeks, an eye and an orthopedic team will arrive. The patients during this week will also be blessed from the care they receive.......................and it is for the glory of God!

No comments: