Friday, February 17, 2012

Clinic in Mactzul II

Today, Tomas, Enrique and I went to Mactzul II.

This is usually Ruben's clinic but he is in Nicaragua for his wedding! We look forward to his return and also having Sandra with us. We wish them years of happiness and that God will richly bless their marriage!!

We had seven patients In Mactzul II and Tomas had one dental cleaning.

After we had seen the patients, I went outside to play with the children. I had some stickers so I shared them. Each child selected where to put their sticker and then they wanted a photo.

This child was the first and he wanted it on his face.

This little girl had a different idea.

This little guy was having a bad hair day!

This young lady was as sweet as she could be. The colors in her blouse were beautiful.

Finally, someone broke the mold and put the sticker on her hand!

When it was time for lunch, we washed our hands in the pila and then we were ready. I can not describe how wonderful lunch was. We had chicken soup with pasta and vegetables. Each person was given a plate with about 8 tamalitos. I ate two and that was all I could handle.

When we saw there were no more patients, we loaded up the truck. These children also wanted a photo.

This evening I had dinner with Jennifer. She is a physical therapist that works for ASELSI, a nearby clinic. She is also working a few days a month with us. We had salad with chicken and pineapple pizza. It was very good! Thank you, Jennifer!

No comments: