Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When you think you have the day planned...........

Well, just when you think you have the day planned...............it all changes!

Lisa gave me a ride this morning to Clinica Carris this morning for our educational day with the guys. After we arrived, Kemmel called and said that Josefina and her team could not make it to their clinic because of protests in the street. We waited so they could join in on the education but they never made it because of the streets being blocked.

Within a few minutes, Kemmel called and said we should head home while we could because they may block more streets later in the day.

Later, I saw Manuel walking in Chichi. He told me that his team had to get out of the truck and join the protest even though they did not want to. Later, Josefina told me that they had to wait 30-40 minutes before they could get back into the truck. She had been very nervous and I can see why.

So, it was another day, another adventure...........without the education that Lisa had planned.

Please pray for our safety tomorrow as the guys and I travel Mactzcul III for clinic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I pray nightly for you and the Dunham's.

About what issue are the protests?

ric