Friday, July 10, 2009

Clinic in Mactzul II

We met at the hotel for breakfast again and then headed to our different locations. One group went to Paxot II and we went to Mactzul II.

When we arrived in Mactzul II, I started looking for our supplies to evaluate the school children and then I realized it was back at the hotel.................I had a few supplies in my backpack and we managed to pull together enough things to make it through the day. Kemmel told me that Josefina had quite a few patients so once the children were being seen, I went down to help Josefina.

It was a busy day with 70 medical patients, 78 dental patients and 8 patients for dental cleaning.

We had several members of the local church helping us. These men are looking for previous charts on patients who returned today.

I was not able to get out and take photos so Somer helped me with today's photos. Thanks, Somer!

This is Brad, our pharmacist-chaplain. By day he is a pharmacist and in the evening, he serves as our chaplain. This is Brad's first time here but I think he will return!
Josefina consulting with a family.

This is Steve, our physical therapist and Somer, his daughter. It is their second time visiting!

This was the group for the bus ride home. We took two ladies back with us that helped prepare the wonderful meal that we had.

Between the two clinics, about 300 patients were seen. We pray that something was said or done that will cause the patients to think about their spiritual well-being.
As always, we are thankul for our safe travels.............everyone is home or in the hotel and safe.
Tommorrow.................as always, another adventure!!




No comments: