Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Clinic in Chutzurob

This morning the guys and I headed to Chutzurob. As many of you know, this is one of my favorite clinics. There were 7 members of the church there to help us today. They are always very enthusiastic and willing to help.

We had a busy day with 31 medical patients. When we first arrived, Gaspar had one patient for dental cleaning. I always tease him and say that in ten more minutes he may have ten more patients.......................and he did! He was excited and so was I!

The guys in the congregation took turns today reading some new books they had. One was a Bible Dictionary and they other was a reference book. You could tell they were so excited to have something new to use for study. They would read part of their Bible and then find more information in their books. When I saw their excitement, I thought of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 15:16
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my hearts delight, for I bear your name, Oh Lord God Almighty.

One of the ladies of the congregation had a small mass removed from her neck last week. Sebastian asked us if we would go and visit her in her home. Six of us jumped into the truck and went to visit her and her family. She is sore but is healing. The biopsy of the mass was negative so everyone is thankful. We talked for awhile and then knelt at her bed for prayer. The husband told us that when they were first married, he was not a Christian but through his wife, he came to know Christ.

This is Sebastian and his nieces and nephew. You may remember him from our first visit in the Chutzurob area over a year ago.

After clinic, I went by the house I will be moving into just to check on everything. We had not had a chance to eat lunch but the Dunhams had told me about a lady near by that sometimes has food. Well, she did this evening and she took good care of me. I asked her for one tamale but then she decided I needed two.........she wanted me to try her tortillas and beans............so she tossed some of those in a bag. I left with enough food for two meals for only $1.00. This could become an easy habit!

I also met one of the little girls that lives near the house. She knocked on my door and asked for a plastic pail of water. I was real careful not to let the dog escape again. Her name is Sandra and she is about 7 years old. She followed me to the little store to buy food so I am sure I will be seeing more of her.

Ok, tomorrow we go to Xepol.......................

No comments: