Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Let the jornada begin!!

I helped Kemmel this afternoon take a couple of truck loads to the hotel and then we waited for the group to arrive. When they arrived, we were all waiting for them. It was good to see many people return and to also have several new faces with them.

Dentist Jim, brought me a Diet Dr. Pepper!! He is from Texas and has been visiting Guatemala for several years. He reads my blog and has seen how mom and dad meet me at the airport with one..........so he surprised me! Thank you, Dr. Jim!!

This is John and Nancy from Alabama. They also have been involved with Health Talents for many years. They just finished studying some Spanish in Antigua and then resting at Lake Atitlan.
This is Sandy and Lydia from Texas. Sandy made her first trip with Health Talents 4 years ago. She then returned home and studied Spanish.......and now she translates for us. Since then, she has recruited her family and also her sister's family!

It will be a busy three days of clinic. Tomorrow we will be in Clinica Carris, Xatinab and also in the Sepela School, screening students. Tomorrow, I hope one mother brings her baby to see Lisa in Clinica Carris. His name is Oscar, he is 11 months old and has seizures. I am hoping we can do something to help him.

Please pray for our clinics tomorrow and that we have safe travels. Rick asked the group tonight to be open and aware of events that take place during the next few days. We are the instruments of God, having the opportunity to reach out and minister to those who have needs...............it is an awesome responsibility and privilege.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Sheri,
It's good to see that Sandy made it back. I know she was excited about coming! And a Dr. Pepper, how nice of him!!!! Is that the Nancy that was there on my first trip? Have a great week and God bless!!!!! I love you!!!!!