Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Clinic in Mactzul III

I drove to get the guys today and we went to Mactzul III for clinic. As we got closer to the Mactzul areas, we saw many, many people walking away and leaving the area. The guys told me that there was some reunion for the women today...............my heart sunk. I have learned that when there is a school function, a meeting of the church members, a wedding, a funeral, a baptism......there are NO patients.

However, I was encouraged when I saw the signs that had been posted in the roads about our clinic today. I do not remember them doing this before so this is a step in the right direction.

We had four patients...........when all of the patients were seen , it was time for the school break. All of the 30 students came to see us. They all stood around my bench and wanted to learn English. I asked them what they wanted to learn and they told me the alphabet............so we practiced the alphabet a few times. After their class was over, 8 of them returned to learn a few more words. I will see how much they remember when we return on August 12th.

Finally, I have a photo of Mary Beth to blog. I have mentioned her and the seminar that she is doing in Paxot II on Friday and Saturday. She is speaking to the ladies on Ephesians. Rosario, has come to translate into K'iche' for her. They are studying and preparing for a couple days before the seminar begins. We enjoyed dinner together tonight.

So, we have Kemmel, Lisa and Mary Beth in the back with Rosario and I in the front.

I think the ladies of Paxot will be blessed on Friday and Saturday. The days will be special for them.

No comments: