Friday, April 10, 2009

Winston, appointments and dinner.......

I left early Tuesday morning and drove to Winston. I had some appointments there and then we had our dinner in the evening. It was all over when I realized I had not taken any photos. I was prepared but just had my mind on other things.

We had a good dinner at The Golden Corral. There were 37 people including people from the Morganton Church of Christ, South Fork Church of Christ, Forsyth Medical Center and Medical Park. Nick and Linda traveled the farthest from TN and it had been several years since we had seen them..........thanks to everyone for making it a special time together!

One very sad component of the evening was when Jane and Joe arrived. I had mentioned to someone that I was surprised that they had not arrived yet. When they arrived, I found out why. They had just received word about Diego, one of our surgical babies. Diego had become very dehydrated on Monday and had died.

If you have had a chance to follow the blog, Jane was in Guatemala during Diego's first birthday party last week and had seen him and his family. I will post some of those photos when I get them. Please pray for Diego's family. His parents were very loving and very attentive.......as you can imagine, this is a great loss for them.

I will be flying back to Guatemala tomorrow and catch you up on more of our adventures.

No comments: