Thursday, April 16, 2009

Clinic in Lemoa

Today we had what it seemed like was a small party in Lemoa..........Maury, Martina, Marcos, Gaspar, Juan and I were there. It was good to have everyone together, we worked hard and got the clinic done.

As always we started the day with a short devotional and prayer. Marcos read from John 14:6 where Jesus tells Tomas, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." There is no other path or road that leads to salvation.......it is only through Christ. I have heard many people get confused over different practices, different teachings or popular ministers of today. There should be no confusion on who to follow, trust or believe in.........the only way is through Christ and His teaching.

We had 19 patients today at the clinic.

One little boy concerned me quite a bit and I encouraged his parents to take him to the hospital but they did not want to. Gaspar also attempted to persuade them but it was futile. I gave him an antibiotic injection and some other medications to take home. We asked the parents to reconsider and if the child became worse. As I have mentioned before, it is a very difficult position to be in. Many people do not like the hospital because they feel they do not get any care and many people do die there. We have the number of the father so we will call him tomorrow and see how his son is doing. We prayed with them before they left and both parents were crying.

I visited my neighbor lady tonight and she said she is feeling a little better. I took her some more medicine for some other problems she had and I will check on her again tomorrow. Juan and Gaspar chuckle at me when I talk about my little neighbor ladies.

Tomorrow we head to Choacaman IV........and it should be a good clinic.

We received word that Kemmel's dad is doing well after his surgery and should have left the hospital today. We thank God that his surgery went well and pray that he continues to regain his strength.

No comments: