Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finally home...............

I finally made it home after a 5 hour flight delay in Guatemala City. It was an interesting 5 hours. I can entertain myself rather easily so I read, listened to music, watched the other travelers stuff free food in their suitcases and survived two earthquakes.

Sometimes when I am real tired, I think I feel tremors that others do not feel. I thought this was the case in the airport for the first 6-7 seconds......ah, Sheri, it is just your imagination.......only one other person seemed to notice.......then the huge glass panels of the airport started moving. It lasted about 20 seconds......a little too long for me and registered 4.9.

I told myself I was in the safest place to be. The airport is very new and probably was built, hopefully built with the finest materials and specifications for earthquakes.

The second one hit hard and fast.......lasting only about 3 seconds.......I was ready to be in the air and deal with flight turbulence.

I finally made it to Atlanta and spent the night night, well 5 hours of it in a hotel....................and then flew to Charlotte this morning.

It is good to be home and the week is packed with fun things. I will keep you posted.

No comments: