Saturday, April 25, 2009

Trip to Antigua

Ricardo and I left early in the morning and headed to Antigua to meet up with the rest of the group. We arrived at the hotel, parked the truck and then we went exploring. This was his first time in Antigua so we went to La Merced and then to the park where we found some other people we know.

It was good to see many people that I know from previous trips. We had some rain in the afternoon and it cooled things down.

This is an underground passage from part of Hotel Antigua to the newer section. This is Petra and Ricardo. Petra lives here in Guatemala with her family. She had just found out her husband had broke his ankle and had been admitted to a hospital for surgery on Monday. Please remember him in your prayers.

This is a prayer box that Alice brought to me. I met Alice a couple of years ago and she is wonderful to work with! The patients and other staff members enjoy spending time with her. Alice, I want you to know that the first prayer that went into the box was for the group to have a safe return flight to The States.
Tomorrow morning, I will head back to Chichi and take Fran with me. I met Fran several years ago in Winston Salem and now she is serving on the board of Health Talents. She will spend one week with us in the highlands, going to clinics and participating in our activities.

No comments: