Monday, April 13, 2009

catching up.....................

There are so many things I want to catch you up on.......but I will try not to keep you forever......

I made it back to Guatemala without many problems. My only problem was with the shuttles. For some reason, my shuttle did not arrive Saturday nor Sunday. I waited for two hours at the airport and then took a taxi to Antigua. On Sunday, Glenn and Neva were kind after I woke them up......sorry guys......and they let me keep my suitcases at their house while I took a chicken bus back to Chichi.

Saturday afternoon, we all met in the park. Betsy and her daughter, Mollie, are studying Spanish this week in Antigua. Betsy has been here 13 times and this is Mollie's first visit. Glenn helped them purchase a phone while I talked Neva to death. All of them will catch up with a group next Saturday to go to the surgical clinic on Montellano.

Betsy, Mollie and I watch a procession near the main park. I have a photo of that but my internet is not working well tonight so I will post that later.

As many know, Kemmel and Lisa are now in Chile with Kemmel's dad. They have arrived safely and have blogged about their travels at http://www.kemmelandlisa.blogspot.com/. Kemmel's dad has surgery today and we are praying that all went well.

Today, we had clinic in Lemoa. We had 18 medical patients and Tomas had 6 patients for dental cleaning. Everyone did well.

After clinic, I went to check on the little lady in Santa Cruz that had a consult with Lisa before Semana Santa. She told me that she is feeling better each day and is very thankful to Lisa for the medicine. She says that she has not had any dizzy spells, she has not fallen and her heart feels better. After I visited her, I went to the hospital in Chichi and visited with Dr. Al who is an anesthesiologist. He is here for a week and is working with a physician in Chichi, Dr. Tom, who we refer many of our patients to.

So life is good back here in Guatemala. We have clinics this week in Xepocol, Mactzul VI and Choacaman IV and Chuchipaca. Please continue to keep Kemmel, his father, Lisa and Diego's parents in your prayers.

No comments: