Monday, March 23, 2009

Update on events

Where did I leave off?? I did not have internet for 2 days so I am a little behind.

On Saturday we had clinic in Mactzul I with 21 medical patients and 2 patients for dental cleaning. Lindsey and Camilo helped and unfortunately it was their last clinic with us......and ironically, Mactzul was their first clinic with us.

After we had loaded the truck, there was one chair left. Camillo tossed it up on the truck and then had a fantasy that he was a sea captain........this little boy also wanted to drive the ship so Camilo shared the helm.
This mother wanted her photo taken with her child at the clinic......and I actually got a small smile from her.
Sunday morning I left early for Antigua and arrived in time to worship with the Antigua Church. I was also with Neva, Glenn and two students that will be with us for one week. They are Emily and Britany from Missouri and they are medical students. I will post some photos of them later.

The Semana Santa activities are continuing in Antigua. This is one of the alfombras they were preparing for the afternoon parades. When I passed through the first time, they had just cleaned the street and were laying down the stencils. They then fill it with colored sawdust and pine needles and sometimes use flowers and fruits for decoration. The man on the far end is misting it with water to help it stay in place and not dry out.

We enjoyed lunch again at The Sky Cafe. Yes, I know we ate there last Sunday but we wanted Emily and Britany to also experience it.
We headed back to Chichi and got the ladies settled into their room at the El Arco. Lisa and Kemmel came to visit and gave them a walking tour of Chichi.

Monday was a day off so I went to the apartment and cleaned. Camilo and Lindsey visited for a few minutes.........good luck with school you guys!! Linsey will soon finish the PA program at Harding and Camilo will be studying architecture.

Lisa called and invited me for dinner tonight. We had a delicious soup and bread. After dinner, they took the girls back to the hotel and then Lisa made a house call to see a sick child.

Tomorrow Emily and Britany will be in Chichi with Dr. Tom, the surgeon that we refer patients to. He recently completed his Guatemalan service in Guatemala City. I will be in Lemoa with Josefina and it will be one of our educational days with the promoters. It will be a great day for everyone and we pray that Lisa and Kemmel have safe travel to The City.

















No comments: