Friday, March 28, 2008

Clinic in Paxot II

OK, the question from last night was.....how much did I pay for a bag of radishes, 2 avocados, a 100w light bulb and a pineapple? I paid Q7 which is a little less than a dollar!

Marcos and Aura picked me up near my house and we made our way to Paxot II without any problems. We began our clinic with prayer and then we started taking names of patients. The porch was full of patients and I could tell it was going to be a wonderful day.

The first patient came with a complaint about her eye. From her record, I could see that she had a consult in November 2007 with something in her eye then. They had given her antibiotic drops and suggested that she come to Clinica Carris if the eye drops did not help. I remember being told about this patient but never remembered seeing her. Well, I found the small black object hiding in the corner of her eye that had been there since November.

I tried very hard to get it out but it looks like there is growth over the top of it. I hope that she will follow-up with Josefina or go to the other clinic. I just did not feel comfortable doing any more. She asked us to pray for her because her husband drinks a lot, she does not work and does not have any money.

We ended up with 16 medical patients and 8 dental patients. We were served a very good lunch of soup and tamalitos.

The photo below is of when my mom and dad visited this clinic with me. This day was one of my dad's favorite days. He got a lot of attention since he was lacking something on top.........I do not think I have seen very many bald Guatemalan men.

Today, Juan and I took photos of a patient that is crippled. Juan is helping him get a wheelchair and they need photos for the process. A wheelchair would help this young man a lot.

Thanks to everyone who reads the blog and leaves comments. I enjoy doing the blog and giving a glimpse of the work being done.

No comments: