Saturday, March 8, 2008

Clinic in Chuchipaca

Today the weather was beautiful! The sky was clear with no clouds to be seen and the sun was bright. It reminded me of Carolina Blue! On the way to clinic we stopped and gave two women and a baby a ride to the next community. They were very nice and asked questions about our clinics. You never know, we may see them again sometime!

We drove to Chuchipaca and had clinic with 13 patients. The children below visited the clinic today. The boy on the right stayed through the day to help us. After we had seen all of the patients, we drank some coffee and ate some bread before leaving to be sure no more patients would come to visit.
I am not sure if I had mentioned it but I have completed my English as a Second Language Certificate! We will restart our English classes on the first Sunday in April. With that class behind me it is now time to concentrate on continuing education hours for my nursing license.

I do not miss many things being here....but one small thing is not having a TV to watch Carolina Basketball. Tonight is a hot game between UNC and Duke. I am surfing between 3 channels online to follow the game as close as I can.......it may be a sad ending........brb

ok, sorry, I was surfing....two channels gave me different time and scores.......something to make me bite my nails more.........

OK, I expect my Skype phone to sound at any moment with my dad calling to tell me Carolina won! He always sends the write-ups of the game the next day...........

No comments: