Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Clinic in Las Trampas

Marcos and Aura picked me up today and we drove to Chichi for Gaspar and Juan. We ended up having to sit for an hour since the road was closed due to construction. Usually, I am not tired but as soon as we stopped, I fell asleep. The truck was warm, everyone was quiet and I think we all slept a little.

It was a great clinic! Marcos had 18 dental patients and there were 11 medical patients. One of the men from the Church helped me with the K'iche' speaking patients. I really like to involve the people from the congregation so they help me with translation and then also pray with the patients.

I received a call today from Josefina and the boy with the cleft lip in La Palma returned to clinic today with his father to discuss surgery. I really hope we can help this child. He is 11 years old and I think that he gets teased a lot in school.

I also received an email about my friend Mary who has lymphoma. Her PET scan showed that the tumor has been reduced by 50%..........I am so thankful to God for this! Please remember her and her family in your prayers.

Tomorrow we have clinic in Lemoa.........another day, another adventure!

No comments: