Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back in Guatemala Safe!

I am back in Guatemala Safe.....Gracias a Dios. We had quite a bumpy landing after the pilot had warned us that it might be bad. I looked across the aisle and a lady had her hands clasped in prayer. It seems that Guatemalans are more comfortable with praying in public.....that is something to think about.

My flight to Houston was interesting. The flight attendant had been a nurse in her previous career. I am trying to encourage her to visiting Guatemala for a surgical clinic. The lady that sat across from me was in the process of moving after meeting her fiancee. She was very open about telling us how many times she had been engaged but never married.........can you count to eight???

Alex picked me up from the airport and the drive home was uneventful. The road construction continues outside of the City. I had forgot many things last week. I forgot how close road construction can take place to the lane that has the right-of-way.

This photo shows the depth of the interstate and that much of the labor is done by hand.
Now, this man has the right idea!!
Tomorrow we have a medical and dental clinic in Las Trampas. Gaspar called me tonight and we just chatted to make sure we are prepared for tomorrow. I hope that we have a huge crowd of patients!

1 comment:

ROBERTA said...

HI SHERI,
TO INTRODUCE MYSELF: ROBERTA SHERAW, KEMMEL'S MOTHER. MY HUSBAND DUANE AND I LIVE IN TUCSON,AZ. RIGHT NOW WE ARE ON VACATION ON THE ISLAND OF KUAI, HI.
TODAY WE WENT ON A ZIP LINE TOUR ABOVE THE TREES. HAD A GREAT TIME.

WE WERE SORRY THAT WE MISSED MEETING YOU WHILE WE WERE IN CHICHI AT CHRISTMAS TIME. I LIVED IN GUATEMALA FOR 8 YEARS--I LOVE THE PEOPLE AND UNDERSTAND THE CULTURE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION IN SERVING THE PEOPLE THERE AND FOR YOUR OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S CALLING.

WE LOVE TO HEAR WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE MINISTRY SO I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR BLOG AS WELL AND KEMMEL AND LISA'S BLOG. GLAD TO KNOW THEY HAVE ANOTHER PERSON IN THEIR MINISTRY THAT THEY CAN RELY ON. I HEAR FROM THEM THAT THEY ALSO VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR GIVING WORK.

GOD BLESS YOU,
ROBERTA