Thursday, December 13, 2007

They FINALLY closed the bridge!

After telling us that the brige between Santa Cruz and Chichicastenango was going to close, it finally did yesterday. At the same time, my internet quit working in my house. The two events are totally unrelated, only frustrating :)

The mini vans will take you to the brige, then you get to scale down an incline, cross over some panks that have been placed across the river and them climb back up the incline.......it is a good work out and can get the blood pumping! Then you get to rest and catch your breath in the van until it has enough people to be on its way. I hope to have my camera with me next time and post some photos.

Today we had 11 patients in Clinica Carris and it was a good day. I played catch with some boys as we waited for Marcos to finish with the last of his dental patients. Then Kemmel drove us to the bridge, we said our good-byes and thank-yous and then Marcos and I hiked to the other side of the river. What an adventure!!!

Tomorrow we will head to Choacoman IV for our last clinic of the year. After clinic, I will head to Antigua and spend the night.........then on Saturday morning, I am headed to North Carolina! My parents will meet me at the airport with a DDP, Diet Dr. Pepper and I will keep you posted :)

No comments: