Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Day in Morganton

Today we slept until 0800 and then headed out for a full day. Mom had washed my laundry for me and I was enjoying my fresh pajamas :)
I went with dad to the the local recycle center today. It was sure different from what I am use to. It was a paved parking lot with huge metal containers that were labeled appropriately......cardboard boxes, furniture, metal, used oil, paint and garbage. It is much easier in Guatemala where EVERYTHING goes over the side of the cliff!

We went out for dinner tonight to celebrate dad's birthday. Dad and I had ribs while mom enjoyed smoked chicken.
After dinner we drove through the Western Carolina Center in Morganton, NC. The state center that homes children always decorates and you can enjoy the lights as you drive through the area.

After we came home, dad and I finished watching the end of the Duke vs. Pitt basketball game. They had just gone into overtime and it was a very physical game. Pitt won it in the last few seconds. Tomorrow afternoon I am headed to Tar Heel country and I am looking forward to the game on Saturday afternoon.........Go Heels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't throw our trash over the cliff! (We pay someone to take it for us!) :( If we are going to be big polluters, why not stimulate the economy, too?
Merry Christmas--we miss you. And thanks for the Christmas lights pics on your blog.
Kemmel and Lisa