Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Clinic in Mactzul VI




First, before I forget, I want to update you on the granadilla fruit or passion fruit. One fruit has only 17 calories and 2 g of dietary fiber! I bought 6 in the streets last night for 26 cents!

We drove to Mactzul VI for our clinic today. We were not sure if one bridge was going to be open or not so some of our equipment was left in the home of one of the health promoters. Gasper and I picked it up and then proceeded to Mactzul VI where we met Juan. The bridge is still open but once it is closed for repairs we have been told it will be closed for 15 days. This will present several transportation issues but we will make the best of it.

I was so excited for Gaspar because he had dental patients today! At first we did not think he had any so once I heard his dental equipment start up.....I was excited for him. We ended up with 13 medical patients and 4 dental patients.

The little boy was so pleased with his bow and arrow. We sat on the steps in the sun today as he restrung his bow and then tested it out. If you enlarge the photo, you can see a character on his shirt who is probably his hero.

One man from the Church helped me translate for the K'iche' speaking patients. When I asked him his name, he told me hermano Julio or Brother Julio. He was very helpful and I enjoyed working with him. Later I told them of classes that we will be doing for people who want to help more with clinics and become health promoters. I hope that he will attend the classes.

Kemmel and Lisa have posted more photos on their site, http://www.kemmelandlisa.blogspot.com/ from the ABC Celebration last Saturday. Please check it out. They have interesting information, more photos and mention others who have done well through the ABC program...........

No comments: