Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday in Winston Salem

My plan was to be in Winston Salem for worship on Sunday morning. The South Fork Church of Christ is my sponsoring congregation and I enjoy spending time there when I am home. Charlie Belch had asked me to talk to his class about the work in Guatemala which I looked forward to doing. They had several questions about the work and I think some of the members of the class will be down on future trips.

When class was over, the congregation presented me with a quilt that the ladies had made. This quilt is very special because it is made with pieces of fabric that have comments written on them by the members of the congregation! I found out that the project had been going on quite some time but had been kept a secret. It is a beautiful quilt and I will post photos of it at a dinner that we will have next week.

I had lunch with Margaret at one of our favorite Sunday restaurants, TJ's Deli. They have a wonderful chili cheeseburger which we both enjoyed and it was good to get caught up on current events in Winston.

It rained during the 1.5 hr drive back to Morganton which I did not complain about. They need the rain very badly so it was welcomed. Tonight I went to the Morganton Church of Christ..............and now I am in for the night.

It has been a full and wonderful weekend.............now, it is time to relax a little.

No comments: