Sunday, December 23, 2007

Basketball in Chapel Hill

Sally and I went to Chapel Hill on Friday and prepared for the game on Saturday. We spent the night at The Carolina Inn which is one of our favorite hotels. We had dinner on Frankin Street at Spanky's Restaurant which was very good. The Carolina Inn was decorated with their annual "Twelve Days of Christmas" presentation and their gingerbread villages. Below is a photo of our room, including all 14 pillows. As always, we were welcomed with our warm, complimentary oatmeal raisin cookies :)

Saturday we walked across campus for the 1 pm game against UCSB. We cheered Carolina on to victory and were some of the last fans to leave the Smith Center. We always watch the last shot of the game and remain seated to listen to the statistics. I am always amazed by the number of fans who leave games early........the outcome of a game can be changed in a few short minutes or seconds.

We made our way back to Winston, stopping by the airport since I need to change a reservation. This was my second time there and again, no one could help me. I will be more persistent this week.

Go Heels.........11/0 season, so far......so good! :)

No comments: