Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ready or not........South Fork hits Chichi




I started out the day with our English Class. We had 15 students! It was a very good class and the students seemed to enjoy the class. This week some of them will get the opportunity to practice what they have learned with the people from South Fork.

I drove two of the students back to Santa Cruz, parked the truck and then headed to Chichi to meet the group. There were 22 people in the van and midway we had a flat tire! Half of the people hopped out while the tire was changed and then we were back on the road.

We ate lunch, walked through the Catholic Church, did some shopping and then checked out Sarita's Icecream :)

In the first photo Sally was forced to practice with the scarves and then finally the lady accepted, "No Gracias".
Byron and Sarah tried new hair fashions.
Sally entertained Victor as he polished her shoes on the steps of Hotel Santo Tomas.
Pat tried on several jade necklaces.....maybe she will return for a purchase?

We worshipped in the home of Josefina's parents and then headed back to the hotel. We will regroup in the morning and then head to our first clinic in Xatinab I.

1 comment:

Gaymarie said...

Sheri

You look GREAT!! I hope to see you in a couple weeks. I still can not believe where you are two years later. I am soo empowered by Gods will in our lives.

If you need me to bring you anything you are missing, please let me know. Gaymarie