Saturday, October 13, 2007

Antigua and back to Santa Cruz

Manuel, Gaspar and I headed to Antigua early yesterday morning. We found the truck that they needed to drive back to Chichi and then they were on their way. I received a call from Grace to let me know where I could meet them. The photo above is of Grace and I, she is another HTI "frequent flier". She is a traveling OR nurse who is currently working a contract at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston Salem, NC.

We showed a group the market areas, stopped for coffee in Higher Grounds Cafe, walked through the La Merced Cathedral and then visited a few more shops. It was a very relaxing day and I enjoyed it.

Our dinner was very good and I was in the room by 9pm relaxing.

Eight people from the South Fork Church of Christ arrived today. We met them at the airport and we had safe travels to Santa Cruz. They will be here for a week doing clinics with us and I have been looking forward to this. They checked into their rooms and then we had dinner together. Tomorrow they will visit the market in Chichi and I will meet them after our English Class.

No comments: