Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Clinic in Las Trampas

Today we had a small clinic in Las Trampas. We were told that immunizations were being given in the community and that was why we did not have many patients. It was a cold day as the clouds blew across the mountains and the visibility was very poor.

When we returned home I was able to study for my English class. Later in the afternoon I walked to the park and to the store to get a few things I needed. I stopped along the way and talked to a few of the people I see regularly in the streets.

One woman wanted to show me her recent purchase of a dead chicken. She had it in her colorful, plastic shopping bag and she was so proud of it! It was face down with no signs of struggle or blood and for that I was thankful.

I stopped by the restaurant, Mi Taco Express, to let the owner know of our clinic tomorrow. He had told me that he has kidney stones and has an ultrasound for us to look at. I hope that we will be able to help him. He is a very kind man and has told me that sometimes has a lot of pain.

As I progressed down the street, I saw the lady that grills steak by the street every night. It is marinated and smells so good as it cooks over the charcoal grill. She also cooks black beans and tortillas.

I have become a regular Pocahontas with my fireplace. It is nice to have it burning in the evenings when it is so cool.

Tomorrow, I hope to take my neighbor to clinic with me. I hope that she is ready in the morning and that we can do something to help her feel better............time to put another log on the fire :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.