Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Clinic in Xepocol

Usually, as I leave my garage in the morning, I see a few of my neighbors. One had told me how sick she has been and wants to visit our clinic in Lemoa. I gave her directions a few days ago and this morning she told me they had tried to find it but was unable to. It is very difficult to see right now because of the corn. We are in the process of having a sign placed in front of the clinic but it is not ready yet. I feel bad because she could not find it. I offered to let her ride with me on Thursday morning when we have clinic there again.

Today we had a joint clinic. As I waited for Josefina in front of her house, two couples passed by the truck and talked to me. They were on their way to a marriage seminar being held this week in Chichicastenango.

It continues to rain every afternoon and I am told almost every day that this will be the last rain of the season. Today in Xepocol it was very cold. As it began to thunder and rain, we had a few moments of slushy flurries. The guys yelled for me to come to the door as they picked up a few small pieces of hail! I knew we would not accumulate anything but it was fun to watch them jump around to find the pieces of ice.
We only had 12 patients but it was a good day. The community again had some type of event that prevented us from having very many patients. For lunch we were served hot soup and tamalitos. It was a perfect lunch for a cold day.

I am back in my house studying for my English class and will build a fire in the fireplace in a few minutes.........maybe we will have some snow????

No comments: