Saturday, January 17, 2015

Clinic and Sandra

This morning, Manuel and I set out for Chuchipaca.  I had requested 40 patients because I wanted to beat Lisa's number of 32 last week.  I should not have been greedy.  Cecy was ready and waiting for us when we arrived.

We ended up with 16 patients and for many of them, it was their first time at the clinic.  You may remember me telling you of Antonio that had cataract surgery a few months ago in Chamanchaj.  Well, he referred a friend of his to us and I will try to get him into the February clinic in Chamanchaj. He has very little vision in his right eye........we will see what happens.

After clinic, I met Sandra in Chichi.  I gave her an album of her graduation photos.  She had also forgotten  her graduation candle in the truck but when I got back home, the sun had partially melted the candle.  It was a funny moment.

Sandra and her photo album.

We talked about her future plans.  She wants to continue to study but does not know which area.  So this will be something that she just has to think about and to search out options that she has.

I have confidence that she will make a good choice.

Tomorrow, I will head up to Quiche..............

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm so glad that she liked the book but then, I knew that she would:) Very nice!!!!