Friday, January 9, 2015

Class in Mactzul VI

This afternoon, we had another ladies class in Mactzul VI.  It was entitled, But I Believe in God.  

The thought for this originated from different comments that I often hear in clinics.  The opportunity to talk to patients about God and to be able to pray with them is something that I value greatly.  It is one of the reasons that I decided that I wanted to work work full-time with Health Talents.

I remember so well in 2005, when I was here for the first time and went with Lisa to clinics.  I had no idea what happened in clinics and everything was totally new to me. It left a strong, positive impact on me when I returned to the states.

So, nearly 100% of my patients have told me that they believe in God.  Now, it may not be the One God that most of us believe in but there is some belief in a higher being or beings.   So, then when I ask if they read or listen to the Bible or participate in a church, that percentage really drops.

The main question of the class was, "Is believing in God sufficient for salvation?"


Usually, Cecy helps me with translating but she had another activity this day.  So, Francisca helped me and she did a great job.

We will return for another class on the 20th of February.

No comments: