Friday, November 1, 2013

Day of the Dead

Today is a holiday in Guatemala, Day of the Dead.  Many people are in the cemeteries, burning candles while leaving flowers and food to the spirits. It is an interesting day, with many activities.  Most of the stores are closed in Chichi and the streets are packed with people selling flowers and wreaths.

This is the main street down to the cemetery.  I walked for most of it but the street was too congested so I just turned around and walked back.  I had my rent money with me and did not want to risk losing it or someone just helping themselves to it :)

It was a good day for me to get caught up on laundry and cleaning.

In the morning, Kemmel, Lisa and I will head to Guatemala City.  The Pan American Lectureships are in  Guatemala City this year so we will participate until Monday and then be back home.

We will have a full week ahead us!  On Tuesday, we will be in Lemoa preparing for a group that arrives on Wednesday and then in the afternoon, we will have lunch with Rick.  It will be a fun-filled week!!

No comments: