Saturday, November 9, 2013

Clinic in Chuchipaca and home visit

As I had mentioned yesterday, Lisa and Kemmel took a group to Chuchuca today.  They will return to Chichi tomorrow.

Our group today, went to Chuchipaca.  This is Ceci's dad and Tomas welcoming everyone to the clinic.

As always, we started with prayer.  Many people know that this is my favorite part of the clinic and it gets us off to a good start. You will recognize Andrew on the far right.

This is Linda and Mary and they worked in the pharmacy area, taking vital signs.  They were a big help and kept things moving right along.

This is the dental area.  Robert is working with a patient as Gary and Danny assist.

Julie translates for Gary during the consults.  Hershel prays with patients at the end of the consult.

Ceci sits with a little girl, while her mom has a consult.

Right before lunch, Ceci asked me if we could do a home visit.  "Yes, that would be great!" was my response.  Susan, Kathy and I went to visit Tomas in his home.

Tomas had been working in New York and fell from a second story.  He had surgery done to his neck and he has been back in Guatemala for 20 days.  He spent 3 months in rehab and continues to suffer from a lot of upper extremity weakness.  He is lucky that he is able to walk.

We talked to Tomas for quite a while.  He is single and lives with his mother and sister. None of the family have any connections with a church.  I asked him if he could read and he said he can.   He asked for a Bible and I told him that I would bring him one if he promised to read a little of it each day.  I told him that his relationship with God would grow if he wanted it to.  You just can't sit and read the Bible in one day and understand all of it.  It is something that grows and develops.

I am looking forward to returning to Chuchipaca and visiting with him again. I love doing home visits and am thankful that Susan and Kathy were also able to participate

We stopped at Ceci's house and picked up our lunch.  It was beef, rice and tamalitos...........life does not get any better than today!!

We finished with 20 medical patients and 24 dental patients.

No comments: