Friday, November 8, 2013

ABC Clinics in Mactzul III and Pacaja Xesic

This morning, we all met in the parking lot of the hotel and went in a few different directions.

This is Julie and her mom and dad.  This is the first time they have been down to help with clinics and it was nice to meet them.  I know how special it was for me when my parents visited and I am sure that Julie feels the same while her parents are with her.

We headed to Mactzul III in the morning.........I had Susan, Katie and Cesar with me.

When we arrived, there were ABC children beginning to gather.  We set up clinic, prayed with everyone and then started.

We slipped over to where they were preparing our lunch.  Susan wanted to help cook so she grabbed a pot.

We had the best fried chicken, crunchy french fries and really good chili.  No wonder we all love the Guatemalan food!

This is Marleny, one of my ABC Children.  She told me today that she like the name Candelaria better so I will try to call her that now.  When I told Susan and Katie this, they were surprised because she introduced herself as Marleny.  Oh well.........

This is Victor, he is an ABC Child and his sponsors are Gary and Linda.  They are here in Guatemala so I took this photo to share with them.  Victor is really growing!!

 We saw about 13 children in Mactzul III and they are all doing well.  No one had lost weight and everyone seemed very content.  

After lunch, we traveled to Pacaja Xesic.  This community has just started participating the ABC Program.  

This is Katie with one of the children before we started clinic.  We then prayed with the parents and children. 

This little boy had a lot of personality.  He had a shirt on about Buzz Light Year.......of course I have no idea what it is about so Katie and Susan had to fill me in.  I admit, I am just out of touch!

When we finished clinic, we headed out to Lemoa to pick up a few things and then we headed to Chichi.

Tomorrow will be an exciting day.  Several people will head up to Chuchuca with Lisa and Kemmel.  They will spend the night and do two ABC Clinics.  We pray that they will have safe travels without any problem.  The rest of us will have clinic in Chuchipaca.

Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great blog and wonderful pictures, Sheri!!!!! I think I am just a little partial to the lady in blue with the light hair!!!!