Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Good days............

Yesterday, several of us went to Xepocol.  Lisa and Kemmel did the classes for the ABC Children and their families on Sex Education.

I had clinic with Manuel and Maria.  We had 9 patients so it was a decent clinic.  Maria helped me with the K'iche' speaking ladies. 

Today, Manuel and I went to Xepol to clinic.  There was an activity in Chuchipaca that we were planning on going to when we finished our clinic but our plans had to change.

We had 15 patients and that is a good number for Xepol.  Tomas helped me with the K'iche speakers and I helped Manuel with the labs that we needed. It reminds me of the Beatle song, with the line, "I get by with a little help from my friends."

Anyway, there was one lady that was miscarrying.  Of course, it is very difficult for her and her husband.  She was three months pregnant so we took her for an ultrasound.  The results were not good so they gave her some medicine and advised her to go to the health department in the morning. 

Tomorrow morning, I will be in Lemoa with Lisa.  Several babies should be coming for their evaluation for cleft lip and palate surgery.  I hope that all of them weigh enough for the clinic in February.

Tomorrow afternoon, we will have a ladies class in Chichi on Good Emotional Health.  I hope that several ladies attend that class.  I will let you know how it goes.......................

No comments: