Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Great clinic in Chutzurob

We had a great day in Chutuzrob. 

Last month we did not have many patients since there had been a murder in the community.  The community seemed to be much more quieter today and people were waiting for us when we arrived.

We had 17 medical patients, 13 dental patients and 3 patients for dental cleaning.

I had a couple of children with severe diarrhea.  Those that had troubles last month were doing much better and have gained some weight.

I had given one young lady some worm medicine and it will be enough to say that, she is very excited to know that she no longer has the worms inside her.

One lady has had a cough for a few weeks so she brought me a specimen.........she had carried it from her home in a jello cup........thank you!!

We had one new diabetic today and I was sad for her since she had no idea.  I thought she might have a urinary tract infection, which she did but she also was spilling a ton of sugar in her urine. We did diet teaching and started her on medicine.

When we finished with the patients, Sebastian asked if we would visit Gloria in her home.  He had called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that Gloria had delivered her baby and that she is doing well.  I told him that I would be glad to visit her in her home.

This is Sebastian's new grand-daughter, Maria Alisia.  She is sweet.  I sat next to Gloria's bed and then they put her in my arms. I could hardly find her in the bundle of blankets but she is precious.

This is Gloria and Maria Alisia.

Mother and baby are doing well........she delivered in the house without any problems.

Tomorrow, we will travel to Chicua and I hope we have another busy day!!

No comments: