Thursday, October 31, 2013

Clinic in Caris with a Cat

Lisa, Kemmel, Sandra and I headed out to Clinic Caris this morning.  Lisa saw the pap patients and did ultrasounds and I saw the others.

When I was in the lab room, I heard a loud, "Meow!"  I thought it was someone's ringtone.  A little later, I found out that we had a kitten in the storage room.

We finished clinic today with 12 medical patients.

One lady that came for her medicine today, suffers from epilepsy.  I noticed that last time she was at clinic, she was pregnant.  I asked about the baby and she told me that it had died at birth.  How sad for her!  We talked for quite a awhile and she she told me that she often is in Chichi.  I invited her to the ladies Bible class in November, when we will be talking about good emotional health.  She sounded like she will be there, so we will see.

We have one diabetic patient who has been telling everyone that he has not taken his medicines for five months and how great he feels.  He says he is controlling his blood sugar with hard work and exercise.   Well, he came to clinic in the afternoon and he is not controlled.  His blood sugar was 384..........and at his last visit, it was 280. I hope he changes his mind and returns next month.

When it came time to head to Chichi, Ceci put her kitten in a cardboard box.  He finally poked his head out and as you can tell, he was not happy at all!


No comments: