Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Clinic in San Jorge

This morning I walked across the collapsed highway and took a minivan to Quiche.  Tomas, Enrique, Sandra, Maria and I went to San Jorge for clinic.

This is the progress on the new highway..........it is slowly being completed!

We had a wonderful clinic!!  It was so good to have many patients.  We had 17 medical patients, 9 dental patients and 2 dental cleaning. 

Of the 17 patients, 11 were diabetics!  We talked about having the diabetic classes in this community again, since many of them are new to the clinic.

I had one patient who had several problems.  She is a single lady with three daughters.  I could tell she was not a very content person and she finally admitted that she is angry a lot.  It is not very common that mothers talk about their children as she did. She does not participate in a church but she told me that she believes in God.  I talked to her about how God can change her life if she will allow Him to.  She shed a few tears and told me that she would think about it.

Her youngest daughter came back for a consult since she has had a stomach ache.  I asked the young girl what she thought about if someone mentioned God.  She said, "He is our father and He lives in heaven."  I asked her if she would want to visit the church on Sunday and she said, "Yes."  I am hoping that this mother does visit on Sunday and that she will allow God to change her life. 

After clinic, we stopped at a nearby home for lunch.  We had beans, rice, chili, tortillas and lemonade.  It was wonderful!

When I arrived in Chichi, it had just started to rain.  This rainbow peaked out as the sun started to shine.

It was a wonderful day.  We had safe travels, several patients and many things to be thankful for.

I look forward to clinic tomorrow in Lemoa.

No comments: