Saturday, October 12, 2013

Clinic in Chuchipaca

Manuel and I went to Chuchipaca for clinic today.  We had a nice sunny day for travel and it was nice.  We had a good clinic with some interesting patients.

For a few weeks, we have not had one of our regular patients here. Her name is Sebastiana and I miss seeing her.  She is a very nice lady, with epilepsy and a very sad home-life.  She has been physically and emotionally abused by her husband and also has a poor relationship with her mother.  Anyway, she has moved to Guatemala City to be with some other family members.  I have been told that she is doing much better and I am thankful for her.

This is the road that has been recently completed behind where I live. It fell in about the time the main highway also collapsed.  This first photo was taken just a couple of days after it was washed away. This truck was backing down as far as it could so it could fill the water bottles and take them back to the clinic, ASELSI.

This is the road after they finished putting in foundations and widening it.  I know the employees of ASELSI and the patients are very appreciate and thankful that this was completed.  The employees o ASELSI worked very hard on it.

We are almost at the end of the rainy season and that is fine with most of us.  They still say that the main highway will close for a week to pave it but we are not sure when this will happen. I think it would be great if they waited until Christmas, when our clinics are closed!  Maybe I need to call the President of Guatemala and have a chat with him :)

No comments: