Sunday, October 20, 2013

Let's Go to the River

Wow, what an afternoon it was!  I knew that there were going to be several baptisms today and I knew what a special day this will be for many.

Kemmel called me and told me that one of the people that is being baptized is Esteban, and he is my ABC Child.  I was hoping to make it back to Chichi to ride with Kemmel and Lisa out to Xepocol.

When we arrived in Xepocol, we walked down to the river and crossed over.........with the help of many rocks!

We sang several songs and then Gaspar talked to the 11 people that were to be baptized.

As always, the people who will be doing the baptizing, begin in prayer.  Gaspars' uncle is on the left and his dad is on the right.

This is Esteban.  I think this was a special moment for his dad........his dad is on the left and his uncle is on the right.

The following photo is Cristina.  She is a the sister to Maria, who works as a dental assistant with us.

When I talk to patients about what they need to do to be saved, I tell them that it does not matter what I think, nor does it matter what other people say.........What matters is, what the Bible commands.  So, in reading,  
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death:

that as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we should walk in newness of life.

When Cristiana and the other 10, were raised........they had completed the commandments for salvation.  They now have a new life.  Their names are now written in the Book of Life.

When we finished, we went for an evening worship in Xepocol.........the angels were continuing to rejoice!

For more photos and more of the story, please see Kemmel and Lisa's blog at:
www.kemmelandlisa.blogspot.com

Tomorrow, the conference in Mactzul VI begins......it will be another exciting day!!!

No comments: