Saturday, September 8, 2012

You can not be their mother........

Today, Josue and I went to Chicua to have clinic.

When we were on our way to clinic, we had a small problem.  A huge truck had gone over the cliff and they were trying to pull it out with two trucks!  I called Alicia to let her know we were going to be late but we were trying to make it.  I hate canceling clinics.  Josue was able to find out on his internet that the truck had gone over the cliff at 3am.........so 5 hours later, it was still down there.

After about 45 minutes, one lane was open so we were able to crawl through.

Many of you will remember this lady from a few months ago.  She originally came to the clinic for high blood pressure and stomach problems.

Well, her stomach is better but her blood pressure continues to rise, despite the medicine.  Today, her blood pressure was 220/ 100 in one arm and 230/98 in the other.  I told her and Alicia that I wanted her to go to the hospital.  We had her daughter-in-law come and we talked more, explaining all of the risks.  The daughter-in-law told me about all of the problems in the family and they would be upset if the lady went to the hospital.  She did not want to cause more problems in the family. 

I went through all the risks again and offered to drive her.  I could not budge them.  Alicia also stressed to them the importance but she was met with the same resistance. I then heard Lisa's voice, "Sheri, you can only tell them what they need to do.  You can not be their mother."
Ahhhhhhhhh....................so true and so sad..........................

No comments: